September 19, 2016
TO: The College Community
FROM: Dr. Christopher J. Adams, Vice President for Student Affairs
SUBJECT: Spirit Week: September 26th– 30th , 2016
I am pleased to share with you that between Monday, September 26th and Friday, September 30th, our campuses will celebrate the College’s third annual Spirit Week. This concept, created by students from all three of our campuses, features the great work done by our students, faculty and staff. A special flyer containing the full calendar of events, including athletic events that are scheduled to take place at each campus, is attached. We hope to see a high level of enthusiasm for this week and welcome your attendance and participation at the activities that have been planned.
- Monday, September 26th is Blue and White Day, where every member of the college community is encouraged to wear our school colors. Share your blue and white spirit by e-mailing a photo of yourself in blue and white attire to firstname.lastname@example.org. The College will share the photos on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels to spread the Suffolk County Community College spirit! The College Bookstore, Follett, has agreed to place apparel items on sale with a 20% mark down for the weeks of September 19-23 and September 26-30 in honor of Spirit Week.
- Tuesday, September 27th is College History Day, where everyone will have an opportunity to learn about the College’s history through various
- Wednesday, September 28th is Completion Day, where students will be encouraged to commit to their degree completion. They will also have opportunities to speak with alumni guests, hear about scholarship opportunities, learn about Study Abroad Programs, and more.
- Thursday, September 29th is Get Active Day/Open Sports Night, where the college community will find activities during the day followed by sporting events taking place in the Brookhaven Gymnasium at night.
- Friday, September 30th is Sharks Gives Back Day, where students, faculty and staff will be encouraged to get involved in a community service program or showcase a community service program that they are involved in throughout the year.
Find Suffolk County Community College Alumni Association online: