Suffolk County Community College athletics is number one in the country and has been recognized by The National Alliance of Two Year College Athletic Administrators (NATYCAA) with the group’s and prestigious NATYCAA Directors’ Cup. The NATYCAA Cup program began in 2004 to highlight excellence in two-year athletics based on success in championship competition. Awards are given to the NJCAA member colleges based on performance at national championship events throughout the academic year. Suffolk bested more than 200 college athletic programs nationally for the award in the non-scholarship Division III collegiate level.
Suffolk County Community College also received national recognition from the National Association of College Director of Athletics for placing second in the country in the Learfield Director’s Cup standing that is composed of 538 Division I, Division II, and Division III two-year colleges.
Suffolk County Community College Athletics garnered four national championships this year:
- National Champions – Women’s Cross Country
- National Champions – Women’s Track and Field
- National Champions – Men’s Track and Field
- National Champions – Men’s Bowling
and placed in the top 10 in other contests, including
- Men – 5th Place in National Tournament- Cross Country
- Men – 5th Place in College World Series- Baseball
- Men – 8th Place in National Tournament- Tennis
- Women – 3rd Place in National Tournament- Tennis
- Women – 5th Place in National Tournament- Bowling
- Women – 7th place in National Tournament- Soccer
“Congratulations to our student athletes, Athletic Director Kevin Foley, our coaches and the entire athletic department for their continued commitment to excellence and an outstanding nationally-recognized athletic program. I am very proud of our student-athletes who dedicate so much time and effort to excel in their respective sports,” said Suffolk County Community College President Dr. Shaun L. McKay.
Read more in Newsday
Find Suffolk County Community College Alumni Association online: