The New York State Association of Black and Puerto Rican Legislators Conference on Saturday, February 14, 2015. We invite Suffolk County Community College Students to join us for this one-day trip to Albany to show our presence and make key connections with the Legislative body. With the pending change in the State Assembly Speaker for the first time in decades, this it is a great time to be in the center of decision-making in our state.
Schedule for the day:
- 7:00 AM – Depart from Suffolk County Community College, Michael J. Grant Campus, Brentwood, NY
- 12:00 PM – Behind the Scenes Look at how Albany Works.
- 2:00 PM – Meet the Electeds. A guided tour with followed by free time to explore and enjoy the expo
- 4:00 PM – Conversation & Cocktails– A cocktail reception hosted by New York Urban League and sponsored by Entergy, with special guests members of the New York State Legislature. This is also an opportunity to meet CEOs from Urban League affiliates around the state.
- 7:00 PM – Depart from Albany returning to Brentwood, NY
Do you know Suffolk County Community College alumni in the Albany, NY area?
Find Suffolk County Community College Alumni Association online: